Need Better Flow Rate Control? Look to THERM-A-GAP GEL 37
The demand for dispensing thermal interface material (TIM) has increased exponentially because dispensables offer engineers flexibility in the designs and patterns that can be applied to electronics packaging.
Single-component, dispensable TIMs such as THERM-A-GAPTM GELs, can cover a variety of gaps and form complex geometries which provide reduced thermal contact resistance, thus reducing the temperature and increasing the efficiency of the application.
Ideal for precise dispensing
In applications that require precise dispensing, like automotive vision and controller modules found on Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) systems, high volume dispensing machines can dispense large volume cartridges or pails of TIM on thousands of parts per hour.
- These dispense machines offer the greatest control and yield
- As well as the fastest cycle times with generally the lowest material cost per piece
- The proper equipment choice will be a function of geometry, throughput requirements, material type, and package
However, issues tend to arise when these large cartridges and pails must be changed out when material is used up. Today, many customers deploying high volume dispensing on their lines are running into throughput issues due downtime and re-calibration required to change out an empty cartridge or pail.
Increase output, lower downtime
In some instances, our engineers have seen customer downtime go from minutes to hours or even days when processing and other systems need to be adjusted between changeovers.
It's clear users of high volume dispense material in applications such as automotive ADAS cannot afford this severe interruption in their supply chains.
This is where THERM-A-GAP GEL 37, the next generation of single component, no cure required, thermal interface materials from Parker Chomerics is so useful.
With a higher thermal conductivity and better flow control than its predecessor, we consider THERM-A-GAP GEL 37 to be the dispensable TIM that will help to lower downtime and re-calibration between vessels.
THERM-A-GAP GEL 37 significantly improves dispense variability and limits downtime due to material and processing adjustments. Other benefits include:
- Pigmented blue for ease of use by vision systems
- Offers a 50% higher flow rate compared to THERM-A-GAP GEL 30
- Ideal for the automotive market segment where a dispensed thermal material with a tighter flow rate and an easier dispense material help to solve those critical changeover interruptions
THERM-A-GAP GEL 37 will be manufactured in Hudson, NH, and is available today for immediate sampling and prototyping.
This blog was contributed by Jarrod Cohen, marketing communications manager, Parker Chomerics Division.